31 Jan Bell Let’s Talk
In 2010, Bell created a nationwide campaign to raise awareness and reduce stigma surrounding mental health. This January marks eight years of the momentous Bell Lets Talk campaign, which has profoundly impacted Canada and access to care and research from governments and supporting corporations.
With the support of everyone across Canada, Bell has donated over 86 million dollars to mental health initiatives. On Bell Let’s Talk Day, Bell will donate five cents for:
- Every text message sent through their network (this means turning off iMessage);
- Every phone call, both local and long distance, made through their network;
- Every view of their Bell Let’s Talk video on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter;
- Every Facebook profile picture updated with the Bell Let’s Talk frame;
- Every snap sent with the Bell Let’s Talk filter on Snapchat; and
- Every tweet using #BellLetsTalk on Twitter.
Every interaction counts. Let’s show our support again and make this year’s impact even greater! #BellLetsTalk
What can you do to make a long-term impact? As Mahatma Gandhi said,
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Here are five ways you can start making a change today:
- Choose your words carefully: The words you use make a difference.
- Educate yourself: Contribute to ending the stigma by knowing the facts and myths surrounding mental illness.
- Be kind: Simple acts of kindness, such as smiling or inviting someone for coffee, can initiate a conversation and let someone know you are there for them.
- Listen and ask: Be a good listener and ask how you can help.
- Talk about it: Break the silence by challenging stereotypes and talking about it.
If you need someone to talk to, we are here for you! Click here to book your consultation.