Virtual Hypnotherapy Group for Anxiety – Fall 2021
Sometimes it’s as if your thoughts run wild. Maybe you wake up at 2 am and can’t seem to shut off your mind. All day long, you hear the same thoughts over and over. It’s exhausting and you just wish it would stop.
Perhaps you’ve noticed a recurring thought that leaves you feeling sad, overwhelmed or lost. You’d love to change it, but don’t even know where to start. Even if you’ve tried meditation and mindfulness in the past, it felt good for a while, but then you couldn’t make the habit stick.
And taming your inner critic, managing uncertainty and letting go of guilt and shame—UGH! You often struggle and feel anxious. You’d like to know how to declutter your mind, but don’t know where to begin.
With the right support, you can stop those spirals that leave you feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. You can incorporate calming, grounding experiences into your schedule so that you can get over the mid-week hump!
Imagine having a safe and supportive space to explore your mind, connect with yourself, and put yourself first.
- You’re excited to have a simple and feel-good mindfulness practice. Waking up each morning, excited to face the day.
- Even better, you’re noticing that you’re kinder to yourself, and you’ve got a bounce to your step.
- You’re more peaceful and calm — you’ve learned how to tap into your inner wisdom and your intuition is stronger than ever.
- You’re feeling more confident and sure of yourself. You find your relationships with others are more fulfilling. You feel more connected than ever.
You can do all this inside an intimate Hypnotherapy Group over just 5 weeks.
Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool for growth and change.
Check out their introductory video HERE.
What to expect:
- 5 Weekly Sessions: Prepare yourself to engage and to participate in group discussions for 90-minutes, once a week, for five weeks. Here you’ll learn and incorporate a combination of cognitive behavioural therapy activities and hypnotherapy scripts that will strengthen your ability to cope with changes, stress and overall life-busy-ness!
- Additional Learning and Support: This group will have access to recordings of the weekly guided hypnotherapy sessions, that you can re-listen to anytime.
- Small Groups for Multiple Perspectives: This group will consist of 8 individuals who meet virtually to go on a journey of self-discovery. There will be time at the end to participate in a sharing circle and to express everyday struggles and concerns with two registered social workers and Master Hypnotherapists, Stacey and Lindsay.
- Deepened Self-Awareness: You’ll have the opportunity to deepen your level of self-awareness to learn how you create space and get to know yourself and your inner workings.
- Healing Through Connection: A private and confidential community that comes together to support and hold you accountable on your healing journey. This group offers an intimate healing community, where you will be surrounded by people who also seek to connect to their inner wisdom and create space to develop a relationship with themselves
Here’s what we’ll do over five weeks:
Week One – Introduction + Welcome
Discussion about anxiety using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Clinical Hypnotherapy. Diving deeper into your inner world and connecting with others to share in a therapeutic space. Integrating a grounding 45 minute hypnotherapy practice to increase relaxation based in nature imagery & metaphors.
Week Two – Challenging our Thinking Patterns
Discussion about common anxiety thinking patterns and ways to transform habits to more helpful ways of thinking. A very common cognitive distortion is catastrophizing, the hypnotherapy portion will be 45 minutes and will focus on this specific thinking pattern, you will be guided through a breathing exercise and more nature based imagery to help discover strategies within your creative consciousness.
Week Three – Cognitive Restructuring
Discussion about the 5 Factor Model and ways of interrupting and reframing thoughts to be more helpful and the benefits it creates on our thoughts, emotions and behaviour. Integrating 45 minute hypnotherapy practice to help create more ego strengthening and habit transformation in your subconscious mind. How you’ll use your wonderful, one-of-a-kind creative imagination to open up to a peaceful, one-of-a-kind gateway to that much wiser much deeper part of yourself… that part is up to you.
Week Four – Thought Record Processes
Discussion about unpacking situations “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t– you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford
Exploring thought records, we will track and challenge our ways of thinking. We will put our thoughts to the test by introducing more balanced and fair ways of thinking that give evidence for the level of truth behind the thought. We will learn more compassionate ways of thinking about present and future situations. Integrating 30 minute Loving Kindness Hypnotherapy practice.
Week Five – Connection
Discussion about connecting deeper internally and with others the past four weeks to transform anxiety and find new perspectives. Integrating 45-60 minute hypnotherapy practice, guiding you along another nature based journey, taking a peaceful path towards your most liberated self.
Are you interested in joining us? Great! We’d love to have you.
Join the waitlist here and we’ll be in touch with next steps.
Dates: Wednesday’s from 7:00pm-8:20pm
Location: We’ll meet online. You’ll get the location details when you sign up.
Coverage: For many people, group therapy with a social worker (MSW or RSW). If you intend to pay through insurance, please let us know when you are signing up!